We now have auto belays in permanent use on panel 50/51.
Traditionally, top rope climbing involves two people – the climber and the belayer. That means you can't climb without a partner!
An auto belay is an automatic device that eliminates the need for a human belayer.
The auto belay takes up the slack as a climber ascends and controls the descent when the climber reaches the top or in the event of a fall.
- Great for solo climbers: With an auto belay you don't need to rely on having a partner every time you visit.
- Provides a unique endurance training tool: Using an auto belay gives you the ability to climb up and down routes continuously without the need to take turns with a climbing partner.
Using the Auto Belay
- You must be a current over 18 member of Redpoint Climbing Centre and have read and signed to confirm acceptance of the safety instructions
- Or under instruction by an instructor
- All under 18 users must be supervised by a competent adult or instructor